Negligent Or Erroneous Actions Have Consequences
Due to their adversarial nature, legal cases can result in an unexpected victory or defeat for the involved parties. However, a person should not lose a case only because their attorney violated the standard of care.
Professional malpractice cases can have far-reaching and acutely damaging consequences for the victim. Attorney Lawrence J. Acker PC has great respect for the law and will not let the erroneous or willfully negligent actions of accounting and legal professionals go unchallenged. Using his in-depth understanding of how to apply legal theory to a wide range of legal and accounting malpractice cases, Mr. Acker will seek appropriate compensation for clients actively damaged by malpractice.
Since focusing the scope of his practice on malpractice, Mr. Acker has secured millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for malpractice victims.
During his career, Attorney Acker has garnered considerable accolades for his strong legal abilities and significant contributions to the legal community.
- Nationally recognized authority on malpractice law and has managed cases in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, the U.S. District Court for Colorado, the U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., and State Courts in Nebraska, Ohio, Iowa, and Illinois.
- State Chairman and Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, which maintains and improves the standards of trial practice and the administration of justice.
- Serves as local counsel in federal cases for out-of-state lawyers.
- Provides consultation and advice for law firms and lawyers when they encounter ethical or practical client-relationship problems.
- Serves as law firm Personal Counsel on insurance coverage matters and disputes.
- Selected for annual inclusion in the Super Lawyers continuously since 2007 and The Best Lawyers in America continuously since 1997.
- Achieved a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent peer-review rating for high ethical standards and legal abilities.
- Chosen to lecture on malpractice topics for various seminars and professional conferences.
- A regular contributor to the Institute of Continuing Legal Education publications.
- Served on the editorial board of Michigan Lawyers Weekly.
Consult With The Firm
Malpractice victims do not need to attempt a resolution alone; Attorney Lawrence Acker can help. To schedule a consultation with Mr. Acker, complete a brief online form or call 248-594-7277. The firm has two convenient locations in Troy and Traverse City and serves malpractice victims statewide.